How Did I Do?
Posted December 30, 2014on:
Most of you are aware that I am a big believer in setting goals and always set some at the beginning of each year. Now that 2014 is nearing an end, I need to check how I did. A blogging friend of mine, Beth Stillborn said we should go into 2015 building on the successes of 2014 and I like that idea.
My 2014 goals and the results:
1. Finish Amanda in Alberta -The Writing on the Stone for publication early spring by writing diligently and completing three chapters a month.
I am pleased to report I completed Amanda in Alberta – The Writing on The Stone, launched July 2014
2. Get rid of unnecessary belongings, prepare the apartment for sale, sell the apartment.
I got rid of more than one third of my belongings, put some things in storage and packed the rest to ship to Spain. This was a tremendous amount of work. We have not yet sold the apartment.
3. Start new writing projects: a picture book, travel articles, another Amanda adventure.
I have written four chapters of book 5, Amanda on the Danube – The Sounds of Music, have a publisher interested in a picture book and have written more travel articles. I am pleased with this result.
4. Cut back working hours some more, possibly retiring.
I cut back my hours from 5 days a week to four days a week, then to two and a half days a week. I retired on September 26 and was given a fabulous send off. Another goal met but I do miss my job and the wonderful folks I worked with.
5. Take an extended vacation to Spain or move to Spain by the end of the year.
We moved to Spain November 1, 2014!! (I still can´t believe it!)
6. Attend my grandson’s graduation in Alberta.
I did see my grandson in Alberta. He didn’t quite graduate but is working hard to get the credits he needs. We celebrated anyway!
7. Spend quality time with friends and family.
Pleased to say I spent some excellent quality time with friends and family this year.
8. Plan a few small holidays and/or getaways.
I went back home to Alberta three times and had some great get-aways with special people. More about this in another post.
9. Continue going to yoga on a more regular basis.
I did go to yoga fairly regularly but could have done more. Need to find a yoga studio in Spain once we are settled.
10. Pay attention to the signs the universe is sending.
Still working on this one.
I am very happy with how I met most of my goals this past year. Not everything works out as planned of course but you will never reach a goal if you don´t have one.
Next post will be my goals for 2015, built on the successes of this past year.
“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.”
Do you set goals at the beginning of the year? How did you do with your goals from last year? Perhaps they went a totally different direction, that´s OK too. The nice thing about goals is they can be adjusted.